Tuesday, March 29, 2016

OpsMgr (SCOM) - Network Resource Pool Members "Not Monitored"

Recently i disabled OMS on my environment.
But soon i had an issue that came up.
My network resource pool and my discovery servers (the same that are RP members) went grey.

I realized it was a wrong server configuration because i got lots of 1202 (New Management Pack with id:"ZXYZ", version:"A.B.C.D" conflicts with cached Management Pack. Condition indicates wrong server configuration) events on my servers.
I tried to follow this solution :
http://thoughtsonopsmgr.blogspot.pt/2013/07/getting-rid-of-eventid-1202-condition.html
More cores - No luck.
But then it got me thinking ... What if it's a pool/networking discovery problem caused by OMS de-integration ?
I've deleted the discovery rule, i deleted the RP, and created new ones, exactly the same as before, but new ones!
And, for my suprise, my management servers and RP went green again!

So, and for the record, i've got about 500 network devices to be discovered, and i don't know if it was a OMS thing or not that perhaps messed up with some networking configuration or not - But, it worked for me!

Perhpas no one is going to have this exact problem (i think...) but if someone do, hope this could help you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment