Friday, November 11, 2016

OpsMgr (SCOM) - Operations Manager Maintenance Web-Portal

I'll be introducing this post with a disclaimer - I'm not a programmer! Still, i'm an enthusiast about learning and have crazy ideas to occupy my time! :)

I've decided to develop a web-portal (asp/c#) so we could use a web page to put our servers into maintenance mode without having the need to open Operations Manager console - I'll be enhancing this project with other "tasks" that could fit in it - any suggestions, feel free to share!

So ... I came up with this :

1 ) Searching for agent



2 ) Click Manage to setup Maintenance



The future is already designed (missing back code to handle!)



3 ) Settings and Submit!



4) You will get different outputs on success or failure!



And ... the result :




As you can see ...





Further things to do on this project :
- Have a login page so we could have different server scopes - different users see/manage their own servers;
- Future Maintenance (I'll use this Orchestrator Runbook to do the job later!) - the layout is done, code is missing!
- Search for other classes, instead of agents (I'm evaluating the best way to do it!)
- I'll provide the solution to everyone, just finishing to edit and put the code better!

This is a Alpha version, but, as soon as possible i'll be releasing a beta version so you could test on your own environment - until that any suggestions are very welcome!

Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    This is very useful - for us especially.

    I have a few suggestions:

    - See who set it in maintenance
    - See how long is left of the maintenance
    - See the reason of the maintenance

    Let me know if there is anything you need help with regards to testing. I would love this in my setup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, thanks a lot for the reply!
      I'll give a shot on the suggestions you gave, perhaps on server/instance results give the last maintenance window with that information.

      I'm finishing the code edit, perhaps making this available until the end of this week.
      I'll make a post about it, and send you a message with it.

      Once again, thanks for the reply!

      Delete
    2. Scooby, check the latest blog post and give me your feedback!

      Cheers,

      Delete